Tuesday 19 July 2011

Meine Bog Blog

Well, this is something new to me, but I figured, I'm bored and I haven't done this before. Also, I've been reading and following a few blogs and decided that although they were entertaining, they didn't really share my musical preferences (i.e. people posting RHCP videos on their post instead of, say, ADTR). I use this example because the bands have 4 letters and it's kinda cool. Wait, cool isn't what I meant. I think I meant GAY.

But, I digress...

This past coupla weeks has seen me attend both the Sunday of Sonisphere Knebworth and the entire of Guilfest. Both were amazing. At Soni I saw Black Tide, Arch Enemy, Parkway Drive, In Flames, Mastodon, Airbourne, Anberlin, Limp Bizkit, Bill Bailey and the all-supreme Slipknot. One of the best days of my life. Great atmosphere there too. When the intro for SK finished and the opening riff of (sic) came on I nearly had a bloody heart-attack. SO F***ING AWESOME!

Then Guilfest. The highlights being the headliners Funeral For A Friend, Skindred and The Defiled. Shame Gallows couldn't play but I'm not a huge fan so I didn't mind. The Defiled had a really small crowd. I figure it was coz loads of people who would've turned up for Gallows just didn't bother, so G'Fest was more empty.

I am loving The Defiled so much at the moment (even more than usual). Here is meine personal favourite song: Metropolis

They also have actual videos for Call To Arms, and The Resurrectionists. They are a really good, but really small band at the moment so go check 'em out, give 'em your support, buy a t-shirt, whatever. As well as this
I ACTUALLY MET THEM!!! I met the three guys on the left in the pic in the vid. They were really nice guys and I got a picture with them, although I don't have it, one of my friends does.


Also, Skindred, who have to be the 2nd best band I have ever seen live (second only to Slipknot) have some awesome choons. Here's one off their newest album: Warning
Has guest vocals from Jacoby Shaddix from Papa Roach, who is a fantastic singer and has an amazing band too.

Well, that's my first post done.


I'll see you when I see you.
BYE BITCHES!

No comments:

Post a Comment